A trademark can be any name, logo, numeral, label a visual symbol, which may be a word, a name, a device, colour combination, sound and smell that represents your business and can be used by a business to differentiate it from other goods of different business. It makes easier for customers to recognize your business as one that is unique from that of another providing similar goods or services. Any person can be an individual, anyone claiming to be the owner of a company or NGO is authorised for trademark filing.
The trademark owners have the right to use the trademark under the classes they are listed in (there is a total of 45 classes). Trademarks that are listed under the Trademark Act, 1999 by Controller General of Patents, Designs, and Trademarks under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. It makes the trademark owner eligible to sue for damages when violations of trademarks occur. Digital Signature is mandatory for Trademark registration formalities. Our experts will help you e-verify the documents with authorities as its mandate for aspirants to verify an application for trademark registration using a Class III Digital signature and all other documents they submit.
Advantages of Trademark registration
- A trademark registration shields the goodwill earned by your business.
- Trademark registration mainly helps to build and hold a loyal client base while deterring opponents from using similar names or selling their goods or services using your name.
- It also foils any misunderstanding in identifying which business house a product or service makes.
- It makes the trademark owner eligible to sue for damages when violations of trademarks occur and also pay financial reimbursement in the form of compensations or on the account of earnings made.
- Business needs to be cautiously protected as a Trademark is an intellectual property and may require in the future if there is a plan for the franchise model or enter into any commercial arrangement based on the strength of your Business brand.
- You will be permitted to use the R symbol to represent that your brand has a trademark registered and enjoys the protection under the Trademark laws of India.
The Trademark Registry has a list of 45 Classes to standardise the services or goods, which the trademark will represent, under which all types of goods and services are represented. The trademark request must specify the type of goods or services the trademark will representing under one or more of the classes, so the specific class of goods or services the trademark registration is granted.
Period of validity of a registered trademark
Trademark registration is initially valid for ten years and thereafter subsequent renewal will further extend the trademark protection for another period of ten years.
Any trademark registration done in India give you nation-wide protection for your trade and will be valid only in India. However, some countries do use the trademark registration in India as a basis for registering the trademark in their own country.
At Valcus we regularly provide you with updates until the registration procedure is complete.
We conduct an in-depth search of the Trademark directory
We prepare the approval letter, to file registration for the trademark on your behalf.
We provide suggestions to you in the classes you need to apply.
Our experts provide assistance in filling up the forms with the Registrar.